Academically I have both a Masters and PhD which I obtained by conducting research in cross cultural practices in South Africa. For my PhD I was awarded a Ford Foundation Fellowship. I also was the recipient of a Post-Doctoral Fellowship to conduct research at the prestigious Columbia University in New York. For this research I had to develop an academic leadership programme for ten African countries.
Other Academic qualifications include:
- · BA and BA (Hons) – Humanities
- · Education Diploma
- · Journalism Diploma
My professional qualifications include:
- · Certified Lead Facilitator and efacilitator in the Public Service (National School of Government - 2018)
- · Certified mediator and panel member with the Alternative Dispute Resolution Network SA
- · Certificate in Leadership and Management – 2008
- · Certificate – Innovation in the Public Service (National School of Government – 2018) (NQF 5 Credits 6)
- · Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation NQF 5 Credits
- · Certificate in Change Management NQF 5 Credits 10
- · Diploma in Project Management
- · Assessor Training Certificate – ETDP SETA
- · Certificate in Job Evaluation – 2009
- · Certificate in Computer Literacy (First Class Pass)
- · Certificate in Basic IsiZulu
- · Moderator Training – Current
I am a Social Cohesion Advocate because I am passionate about social cohesion and nation building. As a Social Anthropologist I have researched extensively on the cultural practices of different groups in South Africa. During my many research undertakings I have seen the need to promote dialogue and cross-cultural research.
I also host a weekly radio programme, “Ubuntu Radio with Dr G” on Capitol Radio 88.1 FM and online.
I also regularly feature as a cultural commentator on SABC and in the printed media.
I am hoping that through my position as a Social Cohesion Advocate, I will be able to contribute towards peace and harmony in South Africa with a rich cultural diversity. Currently there are lots of racial tensions which need to be urgently addressed hence the need for a Rapid Response Team to address some of these challenges.
- · Any topic related to Social Cohesion and Nation Building
- · Cross Cultural Practices in South Africa
- · Social Anthropology
- · Leadership and Management
- · Diversity
- · Anti-racism, Xenophobia, Gender Based Violence